Alternate Art Supplies
Don’t have art supplies but really want to get creative?
If you'd like to join our Virtual Paint Parties but don't have the supplies we recommend, you can still get creative.
Do a scavenger hunt around your house and see what you can find to use instead. Don’t worry if you can’t find the exact materials on our supply lists, you can use whatever you want. Here’s some alternate ideas.
Instead of paint
- colour pencils
- marker pens
- water colour or oil paints
- anything that applies colour
Instead of canvas
- paper or thin card or matt board
- cardboard - find an old box and cut one side out
- a piece of wood
- a folder cover
- a wooden box lid
- paint over an old painting
- your walls! (check the owner of the house is ok with that first though)
Instead of paint brushes
- make-up brushes
- house renovation brushes - separate the bristles with a rubber band to create smaller sizes
- use a strong peg and clamp things you can paint with in it e.g. cotton ball, piece of foam or sponge, piece of loofah, pipe cleaners, cotton buds, a folded piece of burlap or material
- steal some bristles from a soft broom and make your own brushes
Get creative. Have fun.