Easy painting idea for beginners
Looking for an easy painting idea?
This easy sunset painting is perfect for beginners.
Are you new to painting and still finding your way around your brush and palette? Want something easy to paint?
Watch my free video tutorial, and learn a few painting basics, while I show you how to create this easy sunset painting.
If you're new to painting it can be hard to know what to paint and you don't want to make it too difficult while you're still learning. Starting with a nice easy painting is a great way to get into it and get some practice.
In this free tutorial you'll get my step by step instructions to paint this ‘New Zealand sunset’ painting. I'll show you how to blend your sunset and how to paint your flax and toi toi.
It's a fun, quick way to learn some painting basics, including blending, and get a quick creative fix.
- at least one small to medium round brush and a medium flat brush. I’ll be using a bristle bright #10 and a small #1 liner brush
- paint: cool red, warm red, yellow, and black
- small square canvas or whatever you want to paint on
- a small jar or cup of water (to wash your brush)
- paper towels or an old rag (to dry your brush)
Watch to create your own sunset painting and have some creative fun!
If you enjoyed this, I know you'll enjoy a painting class with me too. Join me in person or online and you'll get my step by step guidance to create your own masterpiece. See all our upcoming events.
Need some more help? See all HeARTy Tips with Silke
If there's someone else you know who would enjoy this, please share.